Specialists of the authoritative resource DxOMark conducted a comprehensive test of the camera Huawei P10. The smartphone scored 87 points out of 100 possible and confirmed the status of one of the best camera phones of our time.
In general, the camera device allows him to share a place with gadgets such as Motorola Z Force and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge +. More so far only Galaxy S7 Edge and HTC 10 (88 points), as well as Google Pixel (89 points – have not yet beaten a record).
Test camera Huawei P10 from DxOMark
According to the DxOMark technique, the Huawei P10 camera test was conducted under a wide variety of conditions, and the tests themselves include both the practical side (the pictures are analyzed from the point of view of subjective perception) and purely technical. And not only the quality of shooting photos but also the video is estimated.
- Good exposure even in extremely low light conditions
- Good white balance and color rendering in all conditions
- Good texture, even in low light conditions
- Accurate autofocus operation
- A bright flash with a good balance of white and high-quality details on the photo
- When shooting landscapes and architecture in the sky, brightness noises can be seen
- Noticeable color shading occurring in low light conditions
- When shooting outdoors, parts can be lost in darker parts of the picture
Shooting a video
- Good exposure and dynamic range
- Overall, a good white balance
- Excellent retention of parts
- Rapid response of the autofocus system and smooth convergence
- Good image stabilizer performance during motion
- Visible effect of “jelly” when walking in outdoor conditions
- Strong color shading visible in low light conditions
- Strong luminance noise visible in all conditions
- A slight difference in clarity between consecutive shots when walking
Sample pictures from the DxOMark test
Urban photography in the daylight
As advantages of the main camera, DxOMark specialists distinguish good exposure, precise white balance, effective auto focus and excellent detail.
Exposition in daylight conditions, as a rule, is very good. Despite the periodically occurring underexposure defects in dark areas of very bright scenes, the Huawei P10 reproduces many details in the glare
Fine white balance
In daylight, the Huawei P10 features excellent white balance and high-quality color reproduction, rich colors.
Complex conditions for artificial lighting
Complex conditions for artificial lighting. Huawei P10 shows a high dynamic range, pleasant color rendition and precise detail.
Exposure and contrast
Exposure in the open: images are generally well seen (left picture), but failures occur: sometimes details are lost in darker areas (right picture)
Digital zoom: good safety of parts, but the noise of brightness is sometimes very noticeable in the cloudy sky. In the blue sky, noise is acceptable.
The source (and more pictures) on the DxOMark site is here.