Today, the visitor of the review is the Kospet Hope smartwatch in our review, which not only affects the strings of perception with the name but also carries with it a number of specs.
The new Kospet watches received good performance with great potential, namely the MediaTek MT6739, 3GB, and 32GB of memory, a large and bright AMOLED screen.
These are the first smartwatch using the 3/32GB memory version, and it is very interesting to see what they are capable of and multitasking will work smoothly and without overclocking. In our today’s review article, we will try to figure it out.
Kospet Hope: Specifications
|Display:||1.39 inches AMOLED with 400 x 400 pixels|
|CPU:||MediaTek MT6739 Quad Core 1.3GHz|
|Connectivity:||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac,3G, 4G, Bluetooth 4.0|
|Dimensions:||28.00 x 4.65 x 1.32 cm|
Kospet Hope: Unboxing and Packaging
The smartwatches packed in a composite square box with a removable transparent lid and two cardboard sections hidden below, under which accessories are hidden.
The minimalism in design is also not bad, and apart from the two inscriptions on the sides, contact information, certificates, a QR code, and an IMEI number, there is nothing behind.
There are we find: Kospet Hope smartwatch, charging cable, screwdriver, spare screws and user manual.
Kospet Hope: Design and Appearance
The Kospet Hope smartwatches are a metal-ceramic case with a diameter of 1.39 inches, which looks very solid, but by design, they go to the layout rather to sports and casual wear, rather than a suit with a tie.
The display brightness is normal, but the picture almost completely burns out in the sun, and as small customization, it is possible to install additional dials, which can be changed by pressing the center of the screen and holding your finger on it for a couple of seconds, after which the corresponding menu opens.
New variations are loaded either through this menu or through the application through which the Kospet Hope is interfaced with a smartphone/tablet.
The display of indicators, respectively, depends on the selected skin – the time may be displayed, and there may be another pedometer, charge level and date (as in standard mode).
I would also like to note about the IP67 water protection standard, which is very practical, for example, we did a review on the Zeblaze THOR 4 Pro, there was no protection at all.
Now you can get your hands and are not afraid to ruin the Kospet Hope, but you shouldn’t swim in the pool, as this is splash protection.
The left side is empty, and the “Power” and “Back” buttons are located on the right, responsible for waking up and going to sleep on the screen, as well as going back one step while navigating through the menus and settings.
Behind of Kospet Hope in the test is a heart rate sensor that reads information about the heartbeat, completed steps, a pad for connecting the charger and a slot for a SIM card, covered with a fastening screw.
There are no problems with connecting the charger, docking is normal. There is no USB, so this connection is also responsible for connecting to a PC or laptop.
The strap is easily removed and has 10 wrist-adjusting tick marks. The manual says that rubber is used as a material.
Managing the Kospet Hope is not difficult:
1. Turn on – hold the “Power” button;
2. Turn off – hold the “Power” button and select the corresponding option in the menu (it is also possible to reboot, go into power saving mode and view the last operation performed, which is extremely convenient).
3. Swipe left / right, up / down – navigate through options and settings;
4. Key “Back” – return one step back.
Kospet Hope: Functionality and Application
I did not find any problems with pairing smart watches Kospet Hope with my phone. First, you had to enter the menu in the watch (left swipe with the display activated), then select the “Assistant” item in the menu, select the “Connect Phone” tab and scan the QR code by the smartphone by downloading the special application “Wiiwatch 2”.
Next, we activate Bluetooth on both devices, go to the application and press the button with the scanned image on the smartphone, then give the go-ahead, and the devices connect.
The internal functionality of the application is very poor. Everything is limited only by the fact that during the conjugation your steps and heart rate are displayed + you can run sports modes on the watch and the same heart rate counter (“Health” tab), plus download additional dials, view the battery level Kospet Hope.
As for the “Settings” submenu, here you can set up a notification signal, set a quiet mode, set up incoming notifications, update the application software and set the bar for your loved one. That’s all.
And even despite the absence of the Russian language, everything is intuitive. However, I can not understand what purpose than to create a whole application?
For such a little functional? It is easier then to use the clock autonomously, the benefit of the installed OS is that it allows completely without interacting with an intermediary (smartphone).
Notifications to the watch arrive regularly, almost simultaneously with the arrival of calls/messages on the phone, and this is good news. Usually, there is either a lack of support, or blunt with the display on the screen, but Kospet worked this moment.
I will not examine in detail each function of the Kospet Hope smartwatch in our analisis, it will take a huge amount of time, and if you wish, everyone will be able to find a similar list in his gadget (unless of course, you have an antediluvian push-button brick on your hands) and glimpse the menu and I will highlight some particular points.
So, we deduce the watch from the standby mode, swipe to the left and get to the main menu, consisting of several branches.
1. Contacts – everything is clear here. You can download your contacts, and if you use a SIM card, you can call your girlfriend /friends/parents/boss and so on.
2. Phone – the standard typesetting number of the subscriber you are interested in.
3. SMS / MMS – chains of incoming and outgoing messages are displayed, and the possibility of writing messages (if used) is activated, or settings are configured.
4. Settings – the branch consists of such units as “Sound”, “Screen”, “App List Style” (the menu is transformed into a circle resembling the dial of a clock), “Connect” (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, access point, USB, flight mode, GPS, mobile network), “Gesture” (activation of exit from sleep mode through gestures and step counter activation), “Power saving” (power saving mode and battery consumption graph with percentage detail, “Language and input” (here language of the device and text input is selected), “Time and date” (without comments), “Reset equipment” (reset to factory settings), Unistall application ”(in essence, it’s an application manager where you can delete installed .apk),“ More ”(account settings, memory information, Google Play services, setting up notifications and applications, running the latest in the background and saving traffic options are stored here) and “About watch” (system menu, which displays all the necessary information about the device).
5. Browser – familiar to everyone, but microscopic Chrome.
6. Downloads – the list of downloaded files is displayed here.
8. Clock – displays a clock with the ability to install additional cities. Swipe to the right gives the opportunity to set the alarm, and to the left – to start and set the timer.
9. Camera – a menu of photos and video, with the ability to go to the gallery for viewing.
10. Gallery – storage of media files, both shot by the camera and downloaded from the outside.
11. Music – music player.
12. Voice recorder
13. File manager – viewing memory status and navigating folders by selecting a memory sector.
14. HeartRateMonitor is a function that allows you to track your heart rate and then display the results and send it to the application.
15. Fitness – sports modes are stored here, which can be activated either directly from the watch or output using the application.
16. Weather – display of updated weather information in your city
17. Voice search – “Ok Google” to help you.
18. Play Market
19. Maps – Famous Google Maps.
20. Assistant – here you can set up pairing with a smartphone, control the phone’s camera, music player, and there is a “Find my device” function that activates a nasty squeak on a smartphone.
The following items are displayed applications of Kospet Hope that you yourself install through the Play Market, updating the pre-Google services.
Now I want to note the quality of the work of the gadget with a SIM card, which is surprisingly good, although I suspected that everything would be terrible.
However, if the inhabitants of the Earth are more or less used to the headsets, then the person talking to the clock will surely want to accept the nearest outfit of valiant policemen. In view of this, I advise all potential owners to use the above-mentioned hands-free.
Swipe to the right of the main screen displays a table with notifications.
Swipe down displays in a subsection, also scrolling, but to the right, which consists of:
1. The screen where the indicators for pairing with a smartphone, the presence of a SIM card in the slot are displayed, shows the time, date, day of the week and charge level.
2. Here is the so-called curtain with activators of certain functions.
3. A separate button to clear the memory of tasks.
4. Music player
5. Weather widget with the ability to update
Swipe up is a dubbing of the indicators of sports modes, where you can see the following widgets:
1. Widget number of steps for the days of the week, where it correctly starts on Monday. Also, by clicking on the gear, you can adjust your physical parameters.
2. Count the number of steps per day.
3. Distance information
4. Calorie Counter
Kospet Hope: Conclusions and Reviews
Using the watch during the week, I decided that I would talk about optimizing the gadget, the camera, and general impressions precisely in the conclusion of the review, without putting small paragraphs into separate paragraphs.
Actually, the hardware in Kospet Hope is optimized, due to the fact that during active use (incoming calls, photos, easy surfing, weather, etc., launching applications), the watches start to unpleasantly warm and dull, causing hangs.
I tried to install Instagram, and, as you can see something can be considered, but still, the screen is not intended for such tasks. The same applies to the browser.
Try to hit your finger on the scanty little letters – I give my head to the cut-off – you will selectively swear. So let’s leave this prerogative to larger devices.
Camera, well, what do you think it is? That’s right, not really nice. But making a discount on the fact that this is not a Xiaomi Mi 8, we will forgive the flaws. It is completely incomprehensible to me why the module was pushed to the right.
Wearing the watch on the right hand, in 90% of cases, the ulnar fold will fall into the frame. If on the left, the wrist will fall. For this moment, we are minus Kospet. Next time, let them think about the location in the front.
The autonomy of the device is also not up to par. For a day, the battery is enough, if you practically do not use the chips of the built-in Android, being content with hours, notifications and weather. If you listen to music, chat, and try to dig into the network, then a couple of hours.
Speaking of general impressions, I can note the build quality of Kospet Hope smartwatches, nice appearance, responsive nimble sensor and, in fact, the rich variety of possibilities offered by the operating system.
These smartwatches will suit a teenager, student or adult-child who with pleasure acquires such devices and does not care that they can sit down, and they will remain without communication and means of communication. No, I do not say that Kospet Hope is bad, but the fact that the audience of potential users is bound by the framework of age is a fact.
Kospet Hope: Price and Where to buy cheaper?
As for the price of a watch? On average, this is the standard price on the market of smartwatches, and now you can buy Kospet Hope watches for $139.99 at a 23% discount.
For this price you get a good and fashionable watch with good potential, a large amount of memory of 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage.
Kospet Hope: Video Review and Test